We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
I Have a Dream is a Junior Badge from the Girl Scout Council of Colonial Coast.
GUIDELINES: Complete any six activities.
- 1) Take part in a Martin Luther King, Jr. commemorative activity in your community.
- 2) Invite African American women from your community to speak to your troop about African American history
- 3) Plan and implement a special awards ceremony for community leaders who are living out the ideals of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 4) Write about the African American heroine you most admire and share it with others.
- 5) Find out about the women who were involved in the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the role they played in developing the Civil Rights Movement. Share what you learn with your troop, family, or friends.
- 6) Write a press release reporting an incident of one of the women who played a role in the Civil Rights Movement.
- 7) Find out about the Nobel Peace Prize. Who awards it, how it is earned, and why it was awarded to Martin Luther King, Jr.? Share what you learned with Brownie Girl Scouts or other younger girls; OR write and act out a skit about how Martin Luther King, Jr. earned the Nobel Peace Prize.
- 8) See a video or read a copy of the “I Have a Dream” speech given by Martin Luther King, Jr. Describe what you think his dream for America was. Share times when you have judged people for reasons other than “the content of their character,” such as if they were too tall, too fat, too short, or too slow.
- 9) Write what the “I Have a Dream” speech means to you and how you want to live the dream in your every day life.
- 10) Take a field trip to a place where you can learn about the role of African Americans in history OR visit a sight in your community that is important to African American history.