The Cadette First Aid Badge is part of the Legacy badge set introduced in 2011 from the Girl Scouts of Alaska. It replaces the retired Cadette First Aid badge.
As you get older, you'll find yourself in charge more and more. That means you need to know what to do if people around you get sick or hurt! Find out how to deal with minor injuries and illnesses and how to tell when the problem is more serious in this badge.
- Understand how to care for younger children
- Know how to use everything in a first aid kit
- Find out how to prevent serious outdoor injuries
- Know the signs of shock and how to treat it
- Learn to prevent and treat injuries due to weather
When a Girl Scout Cadette has earned this badge, she will know how to take care of people in an emergency, including younger children in her care.